Twyford ‘Bathroom Singer of the Year 2015’
- These terms and conditions are the competition rules ("Rules") and apply to the Twyford ‘Bathroom Singer of the Year 2015’ competition (“BSOTY2015”). By entering BSOTY2015, entrants agree to be bound by the Rules.
- The promoter of BSOTY2015 is Twyford Bathrooms. Registered office: Lawton Road, Alsager, Stoke-on-Trent ST7 2D ("Twyford Bathrooms"). All correspondence in connection with BSOTY2015 should be sent to this address and marked “Twyford BSOTY2015 Competition.”
- Twyford Bathrooms reserves the right to cancel or amend the Rules (including the eligibility requirements) at its sole discretion with or without prior notice (i) in the event of any occurrence outside Twyford Bathrooms' reasonable control (ii) to ensure the BSOTY2015 is run fairly, and (iii) to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations and guidance.
- In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, conduct, results and all other matters relating to BSOTY2015, the decision of Twyford Bathrooms shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
- Twyford Bathrooms reserves the right not to award a prize (and to select an alternative winner) if Twyford Bathrooms is aware or has reasonable grounds to suspect that a winner is not eligible for these reasons.
- To qualify to enter the competition, you must be over 18 years old and resident in the United Kingdom.
- Professional singers, union musicians, or those for whom singing is a principle source of income are not eligible to enter
- By participating in BSOTY2015, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete. Twyford Bathrooms reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants and disqualify an entrant for submitting false information.
- Twyford Bathrooms reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant is not eligible or has otherwise breached any of the Rules.
- In the event that any BSOTY2015 winner is subsequently disqualified for any reason, Twyford Bathrooms, in its sole discretion, may decide whether a replacement winner should be selected in accordance with the BSOTY2015 criteria.
- To participate, simply log onto: www.twyfordbathroomsinger.co.uk.
- The competition will run from Monday 1 September 2015 and closes for entries at midnight on Wednesday 22 October 2015.
- Twyford Bathrooms will contact the six Finalists (using the email address provided by the entrant) on or before Friday 24 October 2015. Finalists must confirm their attendance at the Grand Finale Sing-off (on Saturday 8 November) by Monday 27 October 2015.
- As BSOTY2015 is supporting Children in Need, entry is dependent upon making a donation to the charity.
- Entrants can participate as many times as they want but a donation must be made to Children in Need each time.
- Public ‘voting’ via social media will be taken into account by the judges when they select the six Finalists. All performances by the Finalists will be assessed and voted for solely by the judges.
- Entrants, their families or associates are not allowed any contact with any judge during the preliminary and finals performance periods.
- Twyford Bathrooms cannot accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of or unauthorised access to entries, or entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of server functions, technical issues, virus, bugs or other causes outside Twyford Bathrooms' control.
- Prizes are awarded at the discretion of Twyford Bathrooms and no prizes will be awarded as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of an entrant player. In the event that Twyford Bathrooms notices an unlawful influence of a Finalist on the competition outcome, Twyford Bathrooms reserves the right to disqualify the Finalist.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- All taxes, insurances and other expenses, as the case may be, unless specifically stated, are the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
- Twyford Bathrooms cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by anyone entering BSOTY2015, or as a result of accepting any prize. Twyford Bathrooms is not responsible for any technical issues in relation to any telecommunications or internet network (including in relation to speed or bandwidth), including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's device related to or resulting from participation or downloading any BSOTY2015 materials. Nothing shall exclude Twyford Bathrooms' liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
Data Protection and Publicity
- Winners may be requested to take part in post event promotional activity and Twyford Bathrooms reserves the right to use the names and contact details of winners, their photographs and audio and/or visual recordings of them in any publicity.
- Any personal data relating to entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and best practice. Data relating to entrants will be retained by Twyford Bathrooms for a reasonable period after BSOTY2015 closes to assist Twyford Bathrooms to operate BSOTY2015 in a consistent manner and to deal with any queries.
- BSOTY2015 and the Rules are and will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.